Treatment After Your Laser Nail Procedure
Now that you’ve had laser nail treatment, it is important to do all you can to prevent recurrence. It is thought that fungus on the nail comes from fungus in the skin, so after your laser treatment it’s important to treat the skin so the nail will not reinfect. Therefore, we recommend doing the following:
- Starting tonight, please massage the anti-fungal cream into the nails, between the toes and on the bottom and sides of both feet two times a day for the next 4 weeks after the laser treatment.
- Use the SteriShoe or anti-fungal spray inside of your shoes at the end of each day (you must wait 24 hours after spraying your shoes before wearing them again).
- Discard nail polish and all nail files should be replaced.
- Do not wear nail polish after procedure.
- When the anti-fungal cream is gone, we recommend you continue treatment with an anti-fungal solution more specific to your nail. We recommend switching to Clarus anti-fungal solution after that. You may also purchase anti-fungal solution at your local drugstore.
- Keep your toenails trimmed and clean. If necessary, have your toenails cut for you every 4 to 6 weeks.
- Environmental Considerations: to prevent fungus from recurring, use caution in public places (i.e. showers, locker rooms, hotels). When possible, wear shower shoes or flip flops to protect your feet. Avoid using salon basins/tubs and bring your own supplies.
- Your follow-up appointment is important for your long term results. Please make sure to keep it or call us to reschedule.