Are foot or ankle problems making it difficult to do the things you love? Don't live life in pain. Whether you've tried other treatments without success—or simply want to get back on your feet and back to your favorite activities as soon, and as safely, as possible—MLS Laser Therapy may be able to help. This cutting-edge, non-surgical intervention treats wide-ranging podiatric conditions, promotes improved healing, and is considered one of the most revolutionary advancements in recent medical technology. New Mexico Foot & Ankle Institute's accomplished podiatrists are proud to offer this exciting advanced option as part of our commitment to providing exceptional care.
Considering laser therapy for a painful podiatry injury or disorder? Here's what you should know.
How it Works
MLS Laser Therapy harnesses the healing power of light energy. The MLS Laser uses two synchronized wavelengths of light to penetrate the skin and underlying tissue of the affected area, relieving pain, reducing inflammation, and stimulating the healing process. Simply put: Laser therapy triggers metabolic reactions in the cells that can help you recover faster and with less pain.
This evidence-based technology is backed by extensive research, including studies from reputable institutions such as Harvard University, which showed laser therapy to be as, or more, effective than other treatment options. Need more reasons to consider MLS Laser Therapy?
- MLS Laser Therapy is FDA approved, with the MLS Laser being cleared by the FDA for the treatment of musculoskeletal conditions.
- Laser therapy is a non-invasive, non-surgical treatment that can also help speed up the healing process after surgery.
- Therapy sessions with the MLS Laser typically last between 10 and 15 minutes.
- MLS Laser Therapy is completely painless – patients feel nothing, not even heat from the laser.
- Patients can usually bear weight and resume normal activities immediately following the session.
- MLS Laser Therapy is completely safe, with no known side effects.
- Most patients report a significant reduction in pain, swelling, and other symptoms.
That's not all: MLS Laser Therapy may also help patients return to desired activities sooner than traditional therapies. Don't have the time or patience to be out of commission and sitting on the sidelines for weeks or months like with other treatments? Find out if your condition makes you a good candidate for this innovative intervention.
Podiatric Conditions MLS Laser Therapy Can Treat
Laser therapy can treat acute conditions like sports injuries or chronic problems, like intractable heel or ankle pain. At New Mexico Foot & Ankle Institute, our highly-skilled specialists can use MLS Laser Therapy to address a wide variety of issues affecting the feet, ankles, skin, and toenails, including:
- Plantar fasciitis
- Achilles tendinitis and other tendon injuries
- Muscle strains and tears
- Sprains and other ligament injuries
- Chronic non-healing wounds, such as diabetic ulcers
- Sore muscles and joints
- Soft tissue injuries
- Degenerative joint conditions, like arthritis
- Neuropathic pain, such as from peripheral or diabetic neuropathy
- General foot and ankle pain
- Fungal toenail infections
- Post-surgical pain and discomfort
Don't see your podiatry problem? Though the above list is extensive, it's far from exhaustive. Talk to our knowledgeable and experienced podiatrists to find out if MLS Laser Therapy is right for you.
Our Podiatrists Can Help You Kick Pain to the Curb
Dealing with a podiatry problem is frustrating and painful enough—getting the professional help you need to make a full recovery shouldn't be. That's why New Mexico Foot & Ankle Institute goes the extra step to provide an exceptional experience for patients, from the first phone call or online contact, all the way to the completion of treatment. Let us help you kick pain to the curb and get back to the life you love. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.